a. Recieved goods subject to the review of the inspection committee, which will consist of technical and financial personnel and procurement officers from the headquarters of the General Authority for Health Insurance and recipient governorate office.
B. The project holds the independent stores for all its goods records.
C. Goods entering the stores after its acceptance of the inspection committee and is a manager of the store contained a receipt for goods that are recorded then stored in the notebook (3 Book Store). It must be recorded each of the receipt of goods, books and detailed its information, as the number of the item number and the envelope.
Dr. Given a copy of the invoice, and the inspection report, the approved contract as well as any other necessary documents to the storekeeper that records incoming goods Bsgelath (4 store books) and match them regularly store employee records.
e. Review the manager of the store receipt goods received and adopted.
And. Over-expenditures store based on the approved applications submitted by the recipient site, and the intervention of goods store location final recipient in the manner described above itself.
G. Receive and project implementation unit stores weekly reports that show all the items added and items distributed to each of the sites. Based on these reports, clutching CFO of the Project Implementation Unit record of the assets of Microsoft’s Excel program format shows all goods related to the project and its location and the Secretary of warehouse information. This record will be part of the interim financial reports prepared by the project every six months and sent to the World Bank.
H. The CFO of the project management unit every three months random scans of goods stored and goods supplied to make sure that the information recorded asset mismatch.
I. A committee of the General Authority for Health Insurance and a representative of the CAA annual physical census of all the items added to the stores and the outgoing ones. The document will include the powers and terms of reference for the project this census revision process to also performed by the external auditor in charge of reviewing the project accounts, and records, and equipment that are purchased.
J. Part of the document includes the powers and terms of reference of the external auditor for the project as well – a physical census of selected sample of items added to the stores and the outgoing ones process.
K. All the General Authority for Health Insurance stocked items are insured against fire.
143. flow of funds: Due to the inclusion of the project on only one component of a limited number of payments required to have large amounts of contracts, will use direct exchange and obligations of the way. The loan will be paid direct exchange manner. And it retains the Finance Division unit implementation of the project with all the documents and supporting documents for payments disbursed and provide copies of these documents to the World Bank at the direct request of exchange. And a flow of project funds as follows:
Payments by the World Bank directly
144. external audit: choose independent auditor from the private sector to do annual audits of the project. The show will document the powers and terms of reference for audits clearly the nature of the project and its specific needs in connection with the distribution and management of equipment, it must be reviewed and authorized by the Financial Affairs Specialist of the World Bank. And This document should be mentioned include an examination of the physical equipment stores received the General Authority for Health Insurance and the final locations where the supply of goods to the provinces. The review covers the costs of the loan proceeds. It leads the auditor’s report and point of view of financial data for the project, accompanied by a letter from the administration. It must This report is submitted to the World Bank in a period not exceeding six months from the date of closure of the financial year and that includes all the components of the project and its activities “as a whole”, according to the loan agreement. We must review process in line with the audit requirements of the World Bank and the International Standards on Auditing.
145. supervision of the World Bank: In view of the limited number of components of the project and its contracts, it has been rated the degree of credit risk after following mitigation procedures set out above as a medium degree; therefore will visit the financial management team of the World Bank project at least twice in order to make sure to keep financial management arrangements satisfactory. . Initially supportive of the Project Implementation Unit is available for you to complete financial management arrangements agreed upon, then have oversight thereafter every six months and review the adequacy of the financial management arrangements for the project.
146. Corruption can manipulation, fraud and corruption at the project resources affects. It would reduce the credit arrangements mentioned above, including the chapter for the purpose of protection measures and arrangements for reporting and auditing, reasonably the risk of corruption from the technical point of view through credit arrangements, but will not be effective in the case of collusion.
147. financial management in the proposed system to work hand payment covers the proposed system “functions such as finance and accounting, human resources, payroll, and legal affairs, and fixed asset management, communications, and management of documents. In addition, the system will support the collection of subscriptions process insurance, registration and management, as well as debts and obligations related “to the purpose of the governance structure consists of a two-tier offices in terms of payment at the national and provincial levels (see document project Appraisal, Appendix 4). The financial transparency and the fight against manipulation and fraud issues at the heart of increasing the efficiency with which we expect to derive from Egypt to develop this system and use it. It is expected to hold the main systems and contract verification and validation to win their tenders providers with expertise in the field of financial controls that apply to the health insurance systems. It is worth noting an important difference here, namely that the World Bank would not be the body that reviews the adequacy of these systems but it would be the General Authority for Health Insurance and National Health Insurance Organization themselves. We’ll measure the results based on indicators agreed outcome and that also includes efficiency standards.
Appendix 8: procurement arrangements
The Egyptian Arabic Republic
Health Insurance Systems Development Project
a thousand. Public
148. The implementation of the procurement process for the purpose of the proposed project in accordance with the guidelines of the World Bank: “Guidelines: Procurement guide in the framework of World Bank loans for Reconstruction and Development and Credit IDA” dated May / May 2004 and revised in October / October 2006, and a guide “Guidelines: Selection World Bank borrowers to consultants and use “, dated May / May 2004 and revised in October / October 2006, the provisions contained in the legal agreement. The following is a general description of the items included in the various categories of expenditure.
149. The different procurement routes or methods of selection of consultants, and the need for pre-qualification, estimated costs, and the requirements of prior review, and the time frame has been formulated all in final form in the procurement plan has been agreed upon between the borrower and the World Bank in the negotiations, and in respect of each contract financed by the loan. It will be updated procurement plan at least annually or as needed; to reflect the needs of the actual implementation of the project and improvements in institutional capacity.
150. Purchase Information Management System: The project is the purchase of information consists of the following units management system package: Managing the affairs of the beneficiaries, and the benefits package, claims management, and case management, in addition to monitoring the levels of use of services and reporting procedures. And made purchases using brochures Specifications Standard Terms and Conditions of the two-stage bidding for the World Bank on the supply of information systems in accordance with the procedures of international competitive bidding. These brochures have been prepared in good prior period, is scheduled to be reviewed by the World Bank management (Review Committee procurement procedures) and adopted in accordance with the procedures prior purchases due to the need for a long advance period to prepare the specifications required for the package to buy a complex management information system.
151. buy goods: Goods that are purchased in this project of the equipment needed to run a pilot program for the management information system of the three governorates and the National Center consists. Conducts purchasing and procurement process using brochures Specifications and standard conditions of tender of the World Bank with regard to all international competitive bidding.
152. choose advisory bodies: The basic contract advisory services to be entered into under this project – except for the external audit of the project – is a holding company that will provide the technical verification and validation services to the General Authority for Health Insurance. It is expected that the conclusion of this basic contract by March / March 2010 to provide services throughout the duration of the project. If the need arises to acquire additional advisory services it could be considered short-lists of advisory bodies which provide services estimated to cost less than the equivalent of US $ 200 thousand per contract; to include (lists) fully consulting national points in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2.7 of the Consultant Guidelines Manual.
153. operating costs: The World Bank will not be funded by the proposed project operating costs, but the government-funded paid by the General Authority for health insurance as a body implementing the project.
154. will cause procurement and supply brochures and specifications and standard conditions of the tenders which will be used with all manner of methods of procurement procedures, as well as model contracts, the Plan of Implementation of the project before the expected date.
B. Assess the body’s ability to carry purchases
155. rests with the General Authority for Health Insurance responsibility renovation activities procurement in the proposed project, and this body was established under Presidential Decree No. 1209 of 1964 and is managed by an administrative council, which is empowered to administer all health insurance matters, including aspects related to procurement and supplies. This class and help of autonomy from the Ministry of Health in maintaining the necessary independence and a reasonable degree of transparency in dealing with this relatively large amount of purchases that bear responsibility.
156. The specialists purchases at the World Bank in September / September 2009 an assessment of the ability of the executive body (the General Authority for Health Insurance) on the implementation of the Procurement and Supply project-specific procedures, where accept this assessment organizational structure to implement the project and the interaction between the project staff of the General Authority for Health Insurance responsible for procurement and the central unit of the management and funding of the ministry’s relevant. Moreover, there was an additional assessment of the ability of the technical support of the Ministry of Health’s office in early October / October 2009, which was assigned – even the establishment of a project implementation unit – responsible for prior purchases of package software activities as a setting pamphlets specifications and standard conditions of tender Two-Stage Private the project, which has already carried out.
157. Established technical support office in the context of health reform, which was funded by the World Bank, which recently reached end of the project, but the mission and scope of its services has persisted in support of other donors such as the EU under the supervision of the Ministry of Health. It is characterized by the helpdesk staff technicians and Aitmanyen highly qualified, including procurement staff, and from this perspective it is cooperating closely with the Ministry of Health Management Team in the processing of the first two decades of the three contracts that will be funded in the development of health insurance systems project preparation processes, with some support on health insurance reforms of external consultants provide their reports to the Ministry of Health. It features an office and procurement unit consists of four specialists Purchases (first and 3 employees less degree than employees), all of whom are familiar with procedures for procurement and supply of the World Bank and in force in the projects, which serve a good purpose of these temporary arrangements between the sectors that aim to mitigate risks on procurement activities financed by the World Bank.
158. been identified and risks the major issues relating to procurement for the purpose of implementing the project, and the results show that the General Authority for Health Insurance since its inception in 1964, did not deal with any international competitive bidding or procurement with the World Bank’s instruction manual. The limited body of experience in the field of purchases on the Egyptian Law on the organization of tenders and auctions 89 and before Law No. 9. In addition, the staff of the Procurement Authority limited experience in procurement procedures and other donor community. And related risks and other important purchases, including whether it can design and technical specifications comprehensive and strong determination enough to get in the end on a sufficient range of tenders comparable artistically, and then to make them able to choose the lowest bid responder Rated Provider (mainly based on price alone in stage second) for the supply of key systems package.
159. mitigate the risk of procurement and supply measures: The degree of risk classification procurement project is high, especially in the initial stage of its implementation, if there is any delay in signing the verification and validation of the proposed company. The evaluation recommends the General Authority for Health Insurance to take the following measures to mitigate the risks of purchases:
• Include procurement activity as one of the core activities of the sole responsibility of the Office of Technical Support until the establishment of a project implementation unit, which will then in close collaboration with the consulting firm to verify and authenticate with the technical aspects and management of the contract.
• General Authority for Health Insurance of the helpdesk advantage to start the contracting process with verification company and validation and end (the preparation of the powers and competencies, and letters of intent, condensed list, and RFP, technical and financial evaluation, and the signing of contracts).
• start in this activity immediately prior purchases according to the World Bank procedures, knowing that this along with pamphlets terms for the bidding package of major systems contract is already setup.