92. activities and partnerships donors. There are several major donors providing support to the health sector. And is still the European Commission and the US Agency for International Development, constitute the most important actors. The European Commission launched the current support on Reform of the health sector in partnership with the World Bank, and made commitments worth about 83 million euros in the form of budget support, to be paid in three segments, based on a matrix of indicators or targets to be achieved in each of the three stages of this support. The World Bank and worked closely with the European Commission in order to develop a range goals are compatible with the new design of the project. These indicators relate to changes in the governance and management of the sector system, financing, and a package of benefits, and protect the poor and who can not, and improved levels of standards and quality, and incentives tied to performance. Budget support has reached the level of initial targets.
93. The United States Agency for International Development, and is a partner of the Ministry of Health for a long time, gradually ending its support for the health sector, and also reduced the support for the process of reform of the health system significantly. But at the same time it will play an active role in the issue-specific areas as programs targeted capacity to train health sector building managers, especially at the level of service providers (hospitals).
94. There are several programs and agencies of the United Nations (World Health Organization, and the World Food Programme and UNICEF) focuses on basic services and primary health care and the fight against bird flu. The United Nations Population Fund is focused at the same time on reproductive health and family planning.
Appendix 3: Results Framework and monitoring
The Egyptian Arabic Republic
Health Insurance Systems Development Project
Project Development Objective indicators project outputs use project outputs Information
Assist the borrower in improving the financial sustainability and efficiency of the operations of its own social health insurance. 1. New operating procedures for the management of contributions, claims processing, and management levels use the services, including the formal adoption of measures to combat manipulation and fraud
2. The percentage of claims of social health insurance to be drawn and processed through the new work management systems in terms of payment in the three pilot provinces
3. The percentage of claims processed electronically, which are rejected or escalation based on the medical relevance compared to the rates that are monitored through manual review in the three pilot provinces
4. The annual reports of the Steering Committee for Social Health Insurance system of the government – backed by the data produced by the systems
5. point staff ratio of payment for the insured population in the provinces of the three pilot projects. Year 1: probably indicates delays in the delivery of documents to the delay in the delivery of the product
2-3 two years: should the new system can draw all the data, it means failure to do so that the design of the system may be insufficient
Year 3: may mean mismatches between electronic claims Enquirer reported levels, for the results of manual review, electronic systems that need further improvement.
Two years 3-4: signifies a failure in the preparation of reports produced by systems that are likely not to achieve the benefits of the new system.
Year 4: should the relative administrative costs go down in the provinces of pilot projects.
Outputs progress indicators to monitor the use of interim outputs
Detailed design Output 1:
Percentage of all documents and system design, which has been completed and adopted. Output 1:
Year 1: will result in delays in the delivery of design documents to the delay in the delivery of the product
Functional and operational testing. Output 2:
Successful completion of operational testing in the areas of:
• Manage Subscriptions
• Claims Management
• management levels use the services (including anti-manipulation and fraud measures)
• Reporting Output 2:
2-3 two years: the delay in the first pilot to maintain in the test may indicate a delay in the delivery of a complete system
3-4 two years: the delay may result in the test in the two provinces experimental second and third to the delay in the delivery of a complete system
Enter service providers claims data remotely
Percentage of all claims that are received electronically directly from the service providers to all claims which are processed Output 3:
Year 2 – Year 3: Advanced low levels of claims by electronically may indicate that the service providers or suppliers of their programs are not involved in the system properly